Sunday, April 3, 2011

Movies Movies Movies

It seems that lately we have seen several good movies.

The first was The King's Speech. We put this off until the night before it's last showing. It is one of the best movies we have seen. It is one that I will definitely be buying.

I read recently that there is a PG-13 version being released to the theaters. The original is rated R. The re-release is being done so younger teens can see the film (legally). The producers said they want kids who suffer from stuttering to be able to see it.



Then a couple of weeks ago we wanted to go to a movie and on a whim decided to see Limitless. I had heard nothing about it, but LaRue said she read it was supposed to be good. So, we opted for an early matinee.

It was better than I expected. I recognized the lead actor but couldn't place him. Then I remembered he had been in the TV series Alias. I thought he did a good job of portraying a basic loser who uses a "fast track" path to transform himself. And I liked the twist at the end with his conversation with Robert De Niro's character.
I also liked a way the film was made; especially some of the zooming through the city shots. At one point during one of those scenes LaRue asked me. "Are you getting dizzy, yet?".

As far as purchasing this one....I'm not sure. I might pick it up.



Finally a movie that we missed in the theaters - Tangled. All the kids said what a good movie it was. So when it came out last week I bought the DVD. Then the other night we got a chance to sit down and watch it. What a great movie! We both want to watch this one again really soon.



And that wraps up some brief movie thoughts. I have another entry I am working on now and will get posted either later today or tomorrow.

3 comments:

Liz said...

we can't wait to watch the king's speech! that is really cool they are putting out one for young people to watch who suffer with stuttering! what a great idea! i haven't heard anything about limitless but i thought it looked good. we'll have to watch that one! and tangled.... what is there to say about tangled other than it's the best movie ever?! :)

Mage Bailey said...

We really appreciated "the Kings Speech." It was a work of art. The sets were most amazing too.

George said...

The King's Speech was really good. We will buy it when it comes out.