Friday, April 17, 2009

Thinking of Switching

I am seriously considering switching internet providers. Lately our DSL has been experiencing a lot of drops - very annoying. I called the cable company to get some information about subscribing to just their broadband service (not tv - got that covered).
It turns out that for the same price I am paying for a 1.5 Meg connection for DSL I can get an 8 Meg connection with the cable.
The only drawback is that our main email address @easilink.com would no longer exist, but that would be a very minor adjustment.
Anyone have experience with cable broadband?

1 comment:

Trista Harrison said...

Hello, how are you guys doing.. just read your post and thought I would tell you about our experience with cable...ours was horrible..i personally would not recommend it, at the 3 different houses we had it hooked up at, it NEVER worked right, we were constantly having to call customer service, wait weeks for a tech guy to get out to fix it etc, very frustrating! Now the speed of it, yes, that's amazing (when it works). just thought I would throw my opinion out there for you and our past experiences, we have DSL right now through UBET, and it's been great the whole time we've had it, No problems what so ever!