Thursday, April 23, 2009

Continuing DSL Saga

Well, the phone guy finally came today and got the DSL up and running again. However, he must have crossed a wire or something because we're suddenly with our caller ID. So I called this afternoon before coming to work and arranged to have him come back in the morning and fix that. Sheesh!

Still thinking about switching to cable, though. Matter of fact, I have often thought of dumping the landline phone completely and going with a good cell plan. That and cable internet could actually be cheaper. Hmmmmm.

2 comments:

George said...

We have had a DSL line for years and have been very happy with it. My only problem is that the I run a home network so I try to buy a modem/router combination unit. They seem to only hold up for 12 to 18 months and cost around $75.00. The one we have now seems to be the best of the lot that I have tried. It is a 4 port router with built in DSL modem. It is an "Actiontec" model GT724R. It is not a wireless one it is a hardwired one. I don't like the idea of my paying for the neighbors online connection through my wireless modem and my isp. If I have to pay, so do they.

John said...

My modem.router has wireless built in, but I have it password protected. The kids have laptops and use the wireless when they visit.