Monday, May 10, 2010

Crazy Heart



A couple of weeks ago I got a Blockbuster gift card from one of the police departments. It was good for one rental. So I picked out Crazy Heart based on the fact that Jeff Bridges got the Oscar as best actor for it.

In my opinion the Oscar was well justified. Bridges did an amazing job as the broken down country singer/songwriter. The movie portrays his life and his redemption. One impressive part of the movie was that Bridges did the singing. And I pretty sure he played the guitar as well.

Normally I'm not a country music fan, but some of the lyrics of the songs were so profound that we bought the soundtrack.

Besides, I'm kind of a sucker for movies about musicians even if they're not real.

The movie is rated R for language and it's on my "buy it" list.

1 comment:

Mage Bailey said...

Thank you....I'll poke G to read this.