Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Movie News

LaRue and I went to the movies the other night. We went to see Jumper.

Overall, I would say it was a fun movie. I thought it ended a little abruptly. Seems like it could be open for a sequel or even a tv series. A good popcorn movie.
Be advised - it isn't like the book. I would recommend reading the book as well.

TV Movie stuff:

A lot of mixed feelings about the updated Knight Rider. I actually liked the new KITT car. I liked the nanobot technology. I had to get used to Val Kilmer as the voice of KITT - he's a little monotone.
I liked the fact that they get the basic sound of the music, but I missed the opening voice-over. If this becomes a series they might reinstate the opening dialog.
I also enjoyed the part when Mike drops a chip on the floor and KITT displays an image of Chief Iron Eyes Cody from the old anti-littering tv commercial from 1971. Here's a link to the ad on YouTube - Crying Indian
I didn't like the gratuitous sex scenes. The two girls in bed with Mike and the lesbian scene with the FBI agent added absolutely nothing to the story. Afterall, we watch Knight Rider to see a cool car and driver beat the bad guys.
If it does become a series I will probably watch a few episodes.

5 comments:

Ruie said...

The car was neat and I liked seeing "The Hoff." But all the barfo garbage made me sick. I'll stick to the old programs. 90% of T.V. is rubbish including all the politics....that makes me the sickest.

MageB said...

The "car guy" here didn't watch it. Instead we have become addicted to Project Runway...and couldn't watch the finale last night because of the hour we get up.

Have I told you that he collects polo's and Hawiian shirts with cars and trucks on them? Any time we go to a thrift store, he usually finds one.

MageB said...

John, the Ruies spin link took me to a place to join Wordpress as Ruies spin.

John said...

Oops! Typo on my part. It's fixed now.

Ruie said...

Jumper is a wild travel log with spectacular scenes that left me with dreams of money-filled rooms.