Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Movies

LaRue and I have seen a couple of movies in the past few weeks.

First was National Treasure: The Book of Secrets.

It is pretty much what you would expect if you saw the first National Treasure movie. A fun "popcorn" movie. And, yes, I rather imagine there will be a third one. My initial title for it would be - National Treasure: Page 47.

Then last night we went to see The Bucket List.

We both really liked this one. There's a good review over at Cinematical.com. Click for their full review - The Bucket List

2 comments:

George said...

I want to see The Bucket List. I'm going to wait till National Treasure makes it to dvd. Have you seen The Golden Compass yet? I think they should have rethought the ending and had it last five more minutes and leave it in a great place for a cliff-hanger to the next movie.

John said...

I'm probably going to do the DVD rental on Golden Compass. But you're right, a lot of movies just kind of end abruptly and don't either close things smoothly or set up well for the next in the series.