Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Just a Week and a Half to Go

This time next week we'll be making last minute arrangements for the big trip to Seattle for Andy and Laurie's wedding in the Seattle Temple:



We are getting really excited. Not only for the plane ride (which will be a first for Brighton and Kjerstine) but to meet the Krohns. And my brother, George, is planning to fly up and be there for the reception. That will be nice since he has never met Emily or the grandkids.

We would like to have time to see some places in Seattle (like the Space Needle). I was in Seattle in 1974. My best friend and I had driven to British Columbia from Colorado. We rode our bicycles all over Seattle. We were only there for 3 days and it never rained! Hopefully, the weather will be nice for this trip.

Actually, we'll be in Redmond since that's where the Krohns live.

4 comments:

Mage said...

Yer brother, George, will be there two hours before you, and he wants to see a bit of the city too. I know you are going to be busy with wedding things most of your stay, but he will have a rental car. OOOOOooooooooooo. He too is looking forward to meeting everyone. Or looking forward to socializing as much as he can from his isolationist point of view from under the bed in the far corner of the hotel's farthest bedroom. :)

Mage said...

Well, I took a moment to click on your link to Redmond, and I find you have taken me to Redmond OR......not the suburb of Seattle. Oh, I was confused. Dithering. Worried that G would be truly sleepless in Seattle while trying to find you in Redmond. You should have seen my brain in action. Silly me. :)

Anonymous said...

Just have him wait for us at the airport. We arrive at 11:05.

Mage said...

Can't you just see him, suit bag over his shoulder, running through the airport from Alaskan to Southwest. And I see you have snow?